Governors of ALS
The Governing Body plays a key role at Andrews Lane School helping to determine the aims and overall conduct of the school with a view to ensuring the delivery of a high standard of education for all pupils in its care.
We do this by undertaking regular monitoring visits to evaluate the improvement priorities identified within our School Development Plan and evaluating the progress of these.
Governors are also responsible for ensuring;
- The school has high quality teaching with a focus on sustained improvement.
- The school develops leadership capacity and sets high professional standards among staff.
- The school provides a broad, balanced and challenging curriculum that meets the needs of all pupils, enabling them to make progress in their learning. The curriculum must also promote good behaviour and safety, as well as spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
- The school engages parents in supporting pupil achievement and the wider aspects of their development.
- The promotion of equally opportunity and safety in school.
We have 2 committees of the Governing Body;
- Pupils & Curriculum
- Finance, Resources & Staff
Both of which meet in advance of our termly Full Governing Body meetings.
During the year we have all visited the school on many occasions to carry out our duties and the Governors are always impressed and would like to congratulate the pupils on their positive attitude to learning and exemplary behaviour.
We too, have taken time to improve our knowledge and have completed many training courses to ensure that we are confidently able to make a positive contribution to life at Andrews Lane School. We have also enjoyed helping out and joining you all at many of our social events, including the Summer Fun Day and various class trips.
We would like to thank the Headteacher and staff for their continued commitment and inspiring vision that creates a happy and vibrant learning environment, which ensures that Andrews Lane School is a successful and continually improving school.
Jackie Haynes (Chair of Governors)
How to contact the Chair of Governors:
Miss Jackie Haynes c/o Andrews Lane Primary & Nursery School
Andrews Lane, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire EN7 6LB