Information For Parents
Please click on a link below to find out the most up-to-date information.
Term Dates 16-17 & 17-18 *UPDATED*
(dinner money payments)
(Hard copies of the policy are available on request from the office)
ALS Brochure 2014 (including uniform)
All admissions to Andrews Lane School are allocated by Hertfordshire County Council. Please follow this link to find out the published admission arrangements:
At Andrews Lane we share a common goal with parents and families: supporting the success of our children.
We value the role that parents and families play in their school experience, and we are here to assist in any way we can. Longfield and Allsorts Children's Centre also provide easy access to valuable resources through their websites (see links above) and can also be contacted on the numbers below
Longfield Children's Centre- 01992 901610
Allsorts Children's Centre - 01992 633761
How you can help us
We appreciate that after a long day the last thing you and your child may want to focus on is school. However, research shows parents' active involvement with their child's education at home and in school brings great rewards and can have a significant impact on their child's life.
Below are some little things that will benefit your child greatly as well as helping us at school.
- Read with your child — reading aloud is the most important activity that parents can do to increase their child's chance of reading success (children should aim to read to an adult at least 3 times a week)
- Discuss the books and stories you read with your child - this helps develop their knowledge and understanding of the world
- Help your child organise his/her time and resources - get your child to pack their bag and remember what they need for each day
- Talk to your child regularly about what's going on in school- who knows... what they've learnt may surprise you!
- Check homework - we don't mean do it for them, but a little helping hand goes a long way!